Study short name: SchoolNuts
Study full name: Prevalence of challenge-proven food allergy and predictors of severe adverse reactions to food in early adolescence
Principle Investigator: Katie Allen
Administering Institute: Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
Major funding source: National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)
Study focus: Population prevalence
Study design: Observational
Main study aim: To determine the population prevalence of food allergy and risk factors for adverse reactions to foods in the early adolescent period (age 10-14 years).
Study Population: School students aged 10-14 years.
Study status: Recruitment completed December 2014. Data collection completed January 2015.
Where can I find more information?
Study website: https://www.mcri.edu.au/research/projects/schoolnuts
Study contact: [email protected]
- Hameed R, Peters RL, Field MJ, Koplin JJ, Dharmage SC, Allen KJ, et al. Self-reported asthma prevalence and control in a population-based cohort of Australian school students aged 10-14 years. Archives of Disease in Childhood. 2019;104(6):612-613. doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/archdischild-2018-316203.
- McWilliam V, Peters RL, Allen KJ, Dharmage SC, Ponsonby AL, Tang MLK, et al. Skin Prick Test Predictive Values for the Outcome of Cashew Challenges in Children. The Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology in Practice. 2019. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaip.2019.05.057.
- McWilliam VL, Koplin JJ, Field MJ, Sasaki M, Dharmage SC, Tang MLK, et al. Self-reported adverse food reactions and anaphylaxis in the SchoolNuts study: A population-based study of adolescents. Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology. 2018;141(3):982-990. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2017.09.012.
- Robinson M, Koplin JJ, Field MJ, Sasaki M, Peters RL, McWilliam V, et al. Patterns of Carriage of Prescribed Adrenaline Autoinjectors in 10- to 14-Year-Old Food-Allergic Students: A Population-Based Study. The Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology in Practice. 2019;7(2):437-443. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaip.2018.06.025.
- Sasaki M, Koplin JJ, Dharmage SC, Field MJ, Sawyer SM, McWilliam V, et al. Prevalence of clinic-defined food allergy in early adolescence: The SchoolNuts study. Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology. 2018;141(1):391-398 e394. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2017.05.041.
- Sasaki M, Peters RL, Koplin JJ, Field MJ, McWilliam V, Sawyer SM, et al. Risk Factors for Food Allergy in Early Adolescence: The SchoolNuts Study. The Journal of Allergy & Clinical Immunology in Practice. 2018;6(2):496-505. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaip.2017.12.011.
Last modified: December 12th 2019 | Date created: April 9th 2019